Who we are
We are Tatton Investment Management Limited, (Tatton), a private limited company registered in England and Wales under number 08219008. Our Registered Office is: Paradigm House, Brooke Court, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 3ND.
(“Tatton”, “we“, “our“, and “us“).
We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO“) under registration number ZA229009. Tatton Investment Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 733471.
We are not required to appoint a formal data protection officer under data protection laws. However, our Head of Compliance is responsible for data protection in Tatton.
Head of Compliance, Tatton Investment Management Limited, 17, St Swithin’s Lane, London. EC4N 8AL
By telephone: +44 (0)207 139 1490
By email: [email protected]
Data protection principles
Tatton adheres to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Purpose limitation – data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Data minimisation – data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy – data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Storage limitation – data must be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Integrity and confidentiality – data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Information we collect
You may choose to provide us with personal data when you are introduced to us, when we meet you in person, or when we are in contact by phone, email, via our website or otherwise.
The categories of personal data you may provide includes:
- first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- postal address
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- job title and company name
Information we collect from third parties
Wemay also receive personal information from third parties who we work closely with and who are entitled to share that information, e.g. Financial Advisers and Regulators, but only as permitted by applicable law.
Information we collect online
Each time you visit Tatton websites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platforms, etc.; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of the internet sites you came through to our websites and which pages you visited (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; and methods used to browse away from the page, provided we can do so lawfully.
Cookies (small text files)
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Sensitive personal data
We do not collect sensitive (or special categories of) personal data. Sensitive personal data is defined by data protection laws to include personal data revealing a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or data concerning health.
We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. However, in general, the relevant legal basis will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We may also collect personal information from you via our Website where we have your consent to do so or where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
How we use your information
The purpose for which we use and process your information is explained below:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us. This includes but is not limited to performance data for research and analysis purposes
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- For the detection, prevention, and investigation of illegal or prohibited criminal activities and in the protection of our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies)
- To review and analyse the services we provide
- To provide you with access to applications in relation to services you have requested
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To administer the website and secure portals so we can improve the use, presentation, performance and security of the services.
If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data and processing such information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, we may not be able to perform our obligations under the contract between us.
Tatton will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you in a timely manner and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data (including storage and transfer of data) with:
- Any members of Tatton for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice
- Any third party so we can meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and company auditors
- Our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties who process information on our behalf in relation to, for example, printing services, bulk communication purposes and internet services. We only disclose the information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings provided we can do so lawfully
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
The data that we collect from you may be processed by our service providers (and their employees) operating outside the EEA. Where this is the case, we take steps to ensure appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations in the UK.
Security of your personal data
The security and storage of your personal information is very important to us.
The personal information we collect from you is stored by us on secure servers, protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other security measures.
We will not disclose any personal information, under any circumstances, unless we are satisfied that the individual requesting it has the appropriate authority.
Although we use market standard security software to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your or your client’s data transmitted by you to our websites, secure portals, applications, or services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe. We will not share this password with anyone. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us by any method given above so we can take additional steps to protect your personal information as appropriate.
How long we keep your personal data
Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we obtain and use your information
- To ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- To have your information rectified
- To request us to restrict processing of your personal data
- To request to have your information erased (Right to be forgotten)
- To have information you provided to us, returned to you or sent directly to another company, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format where technically feasible (Data Portability)
- Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right at any time to withdraw that consent; and
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.
You cannot opt out of receiving regulatory or legal information or updates (e.g. information about a change to our product terms and conditions).
If you withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information or you ask for your information to be erased, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, products or services. If we are not able to comply with your request, we will confirm this to you along with confirmation of the lawful basis which we will rely on to continue processing your personal data.
Exercising your rights
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our websites, applications or services to another site or service, this Privacy Information Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third-party sites’ or services and we encourage you to read the Privacy Information Notices appearing on those sites or services.
Whilst every member of the Tatton team has a personal private email address, email which you send to us or which we send to you may be monitored by Tatton to ensure compliance with professional standards and our internal compliance policies. Monitoring is not continuous or routine but may be undertaken on the instruction of senior management where there are reasonable grounds for doing so. Occasional spot checks or audits may also be undertaken on the instruction or with the authority of senior management.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is ICO who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk or telephone on 0303 123 1113.
From time to time, we may change this Policy. The current version of this Policy will always be available from us in hard copy or on our website. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to this Policy or update you by other appropriate means.
Browse at your own risk
Please note that you access and use the Tatton Investment Management Limited website at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any type of loss or damage which you may sustain by accessing and using the website. We will assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which this website has links and if you access a linked website you do so at your own risk. Our inclusion of links to websites does not imply any endorsement by us of the materials on these websites. We do not permit any third party to operate a link to our website nor do we permit any third party to frame the website without obtaining our prior written consent.
The Tatton Investment Management Limited website is accessed via the world-wide web (“WWW”) which is independent of us. Your use of the WWW is at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. We have no responsibility for any information or services obtained by you on the WWW. Tatton Investment Management Limited reserves the right to modify, supplement, move or delete portions of or add to the website at any time with or without notice.
All copyright and other rights (including database rights, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and all other intellectual property rights) in and to the websites and their contents (which for the avoidance of doubt shall include all information contained in or available from the website (“the Contents”)) are owned by or licensed to Tatton Investment Management Limited or are otherwise used by us as permitted under applicable laws. Unless we explicitly state otherwise in writing, you may use, view, download, copy, or print textual or graphic content of the website if it is solely used by you for the purpose of enquiring about the services provided by us and if you do not change or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices on such content.
Under no circumstances may you use any Content in a manner that may give a false or misleading impression of Tatton Investment Management Limited.
You agree not to copy, reproduce, store in any medium (including in any other websites), distribute, transmit, modify, alter, disseminate, create derivative works from all or any part of any of the website or edit any part of any of it other than as permitted above without obtaining our prior written consent.
You may not use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website nor may you attempt to decipher, de-compile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of any of the website.
You agree to use the website for lawful purposes only and so that it does not infringe the rights of, or restrict the use of the website for any third party.
The website and its Contents are provided for general information purposes only and whilst Tatton Investment Management Limited has taken every care in the preparation of the website and the Contents, we cannot guarantee that the Contents will be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law Tatton Investment Management Limited makes no warranties, representations and/or undertakings (express or implied) in respect of the website and its Content (including the accuracy, reliability, suitability, quality, availability, or completeness thereof). We exclude all liability (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence) in relation to the websites and its Contents, whether such liability arises in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise (including, without limitation, liability in respect of any losses, damages, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by you of an indirect or consequential nature, such as loss of profits, data, business or goodwill).
We make no claims or representations that any or all the Contents may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales and unless otherwise specifically stated, the Contents and the website are directed solely at consumers and/or businesses that access the website from England and Wales. Access to such materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you choose to access the website from outside England or Wales, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
Computer Viruses and Errors
Tatton Investment Management Limited will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the website does not contain or promulgate any errors, viruses, bugs, other malicious code, or harmful components and will be uninterrupted. However, we cannot guarantee that this will be the case.
We recommend that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the website and regularly check for the presence of errors, viruses, bugs, other malicious code, and harmful components.
Tatton Investment Management Limited excludes to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability (other than liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence) in connection with any damage or loss caused by errors, viruses, bugs, other malicious code or harmful components originating or contracted from the website and any interruptions in its running.
Tatton Investment Management Limited shall have the right to immediately terminate your use of the website if we determine (in our sole discretion) that you have breached these terms and conditions or have otherwise been engaged in conduct which we consider to be unacceptable.