Core PortfoliosTatton Core


The Tatton Core Portfolios are a hybrid mix of passive and actively managed funds effectively blending returns from the two strategic approaches. This hybrid approach marries the advantages of both passive and active strategies during investment cycles and reduces overall cost.

We have two strategic asset allocations – the Classic which is the most familiar to many investors since it has a higher allocation to UK based investments and the Global which exploits the opportunity of the wider global economy without the comfort of a slightly more UK centric allocation.

The Tatton Core portfolios use our six-stage investment process to ensures our investment team’s ideas and standards are applied consistently for all of our investors.

The funds we select invest in UK and global equities, fixed income, alternatives and cash.

The value of investments can fluctuate and it is possible that investors may get back less than the amount they invested.


Benefits at a glance

  • Classic and Global allocations
  • Actively managed blend of active and passive funds
  • Lower cost of investing

At a glance

  • 0.15%

    Annual management charge (AMC)

  • 0.36%

    Ongoing Charges (OCF)*

Risk Categories

  • Global Equity
    A typical Global Equity long term (8+ years) asset allocation would 98% in equity based investments, with the remaining 2% being held in cash. The highest level of investment risk.
  • Aggressive
    A typical Aggressive long-term (+8 years) asset allocation would invest 85% in equity based investments with the remaining 15% being invested in a combination of fixed income paying investments, alternatives and cash. High level investment risk.
  • Active
    A typical Active long-term (+7 years) asset allocation would invest 75% in equity based investments with the remaining 25% being invested in a combination of fixed income paying investments, alternatives and cash. Moderate to high level investment risk.
  • Balanced
    A typical Balanced long-term (+7 years) asset allocation would invest 60% in equity based investments with the remaining 40% being invested in a combination of fixed income paying investments, alternatives and cash. Moderate level investment risk.
  • Cautious
    A typical Cautious long-term (+5 years) asset allocation would invest 45% in equity based investments with the remaining 55% being invested in a combination of fixed income paying investments, alternatives and cash. Low to moderate level investment risk.
  • Defensive
    A typical Defensive long-term (+5 years) asset allocation would invest 25% in equity based investments with the remaining 75% being invested in a combination of fixed income paying investments, alternatives and cash. Low level investment risk.

Allocations Available

  • Global
    The Tatton Global allocation provides a broader exposure to the global economy and is not focused on one geographic region or country. This allocation provides a more cosmopolitan allocation to benefit from the growth potential of the global economy as a whole.
  • Classic
    The Tatton Classic allocation invests a greater proportion of equities to the UK creating portfolios allocated towards more familiar companies and sectors rather than a fully global exposure.

* as at August 2023, based on Balanced risk profile

Tatton Core team

  • Lothar Mentel

    CEO & Chief Investment Officer

    EmailLinkedIn
  • James Saunders, CFA

    Head of Portfolio Management

    EmailLinkedIn
  • Jim Kean

    Chief Economist

    EmailLinkedIn
  • Astrid Schilo

    Chief Investment Strategist

    EmailLinkedIn